Friday, March 11, 2011

Atlas Shrugged Opens April 15

You think it's coincidence that the first part of the Atlas Shrugged movie is opening on tax day?

I heard about the novel first in in high school. I've been a passionate fan of the novel since I finally read it about fifteen years ago. In a re-reading just a couple of years ago, I was amazed at the parallels with what is going on in the U.S. right now. I wrote a blog entry here about it at the time.

I've bought extra copies several times and given the book away to anyone who would take it and hopefully read it - a daunting task, as it is a thick book. The reward is an original, clever, riveting story and a rush of inspiration for anyone who is a do-er in this life - as opposed to a moocher or a looter, of course.

An independent production that I've heard is scrupulously faithful to the book (and thus released in parts), the movie at this date seems to have very limited distribution, but there are tools available online to show interest in the film to help secure theaters all over.

You can find those tools, the movie trailer, and much more at the official Atlas Shrugged Movie web site.

If it's not showing in a theater near me, I'm traveling whatever distance it takes to see it.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Definitely not a coincidence. I can't wait personally! :D